5 Ways to Combat Rudeness
Easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Don’t take it personally. Perhaps the offender is having a bad day.
- Size up your annoyances. Is it worth it to make a fuss over something small, or is it a waste of your emotional time?
- Set a good example. Rudeness begets rudeness. If you speak sharply to the bank teller, don’t be surprised if you get the same treatment in return.
- Count to ten. When someone’s behavior makes you angry, take a few deep breaths and ask yourself, “Is it really worth blowing my stack over this?”
- Laugh it off. If you can’t come up with a friendly joke, just chuckle and change the subject.