Top Table Manners...
What Every Kid Should Know!
- Come to the table with clean hands and face.
- Put your napkin on your lap.
- Start eating when everyone else does – or when given the OK to start.
- Stay seated and sit up straight.
- Keep elbows (and other body parts!) off the table while eating.
- Chew with your mouth closed and don’t talk until you’ve swallowed.
- Don’t make bad comments about the food.
- Say “Please pass the ---” instead of reaching.
- Chat with everyone at the table.
- Don’t make rude noises like burping or slurping.
- Ask to be excused when finished.
- Thank your host or whoever prepared the meal.
- Offer to help clear the table.
Download a printable tip sheet below!