Children's Train the Trainer In Depth
“This was a wonderful training! I learned the core of what true etiquette really is. I strongly recommend this program to all 'true believers' interested in spreading the word.”
-Jane Pertiller, Eteaquette, LLC
An understanding of manners helps children build relationships, confidence and self-esteem
The Emily Post Children’s Etiquette Train the Trainer Program’s unique approach to teaching etiquette focuses both on manners and on the principles they represent: consideration, respect and honesty. A hallmark of our training is that the curriculum mirrors a child’s natural development and topics are taught by age range: ages 2 to 4, 5 to 7, 8 to 12, and teenagers.
You will learn how to teach children’s etiquette just the way the Posts do. Cindy Post Senning, Ed.D., Emily Post’s great-granddaughter and creator of our children’s etiquette programs, will coach you through a three-day intensive curriculum. You will gain the skills, knowledge, materials and confidence to teach etiquette classes for children and teens.
- Teaches not only specific manners but also the underlying principles of etiquette
- Focuses on teaching etiquette to children by developmental stages rather than strictly by topic
- Is built around workshops you can teach to 4-7 year-olds, 8-12 year-olds and teens
- Includes the seven modules (see box below right) that The Emily Post Institute uses to teach Children’s Etiquette Workshops
- Gives the participants the opportunity to practice teaching and receive critiques on their presentation of the material
- Focuses on how to customize the program for clients’ individual needs
- Offers a practical discussion session on how to launch your own children’s etiquette workshop business
Our Seven Program Modules
- Why Etiquette?
- Six Social Development Stages
- Everyday Manners
- Table Manners
- Manners at School
- Out and About
An Interactive Experience
- Analysis of each module
- Observation of attendee presentations
- Presentation practice session with critique
- Interactive dining etiquette luncheon
- Full day of facilitation skills training by Ovation Communication
- Guidance on packaging and marketing your services from Dawn Stanyon of Professionality Consulting (and previously The Emily Post Institute's Director of Sales for nine years)
- Step-by-step leader’s guide and other training materials
- Immediate access to regularly updated materials through our secure website (PowerPoint presentations, slides, tip sheets, children's etiquette articles, surveys, and more)
- The Gift of Good Manners and The Emily Post Institute Children's Etiquette Library by Peggy Post and Cindy Post Senning, Ed.D.
Emily Post Trainer Training Booking
Please contact Steven Puettner for more information on program details, presenter availability and pricing by filling out our contact form.