Weddings: 1-3 Months In Advance
Don't forget to check these things off your list before the Big Day!
- Start to notify banks, employers, and other agencies and organizations of name and/or address changes.
- Visit the reception site with the site manager to plan the setup’s lighting, acoustics, and air circulation.
- Choose the linens and place settings. Coordinate the reception decor and the floral centerpiece with the florist, the reception-site manager, and the caterer.
- Have the final fitting of your gown and accessories.
- Have your wedding portrait taken if desired.
- Assemble and mail your wedding invitations six to eight weeks prior to wedding date.
- Mail your wedding announcement write-up to any newspapers.
- Apply for and obtain your marriage license.
- Reconfirm your honeymoon plans; pay the final deposits as required.
- Do any shopping for your “going away” outfit and honeymoon.
- Make sure your attendants have their outfits in order: purchased, altered, rented.
- If a flower girl and ring bearer are participating, confirm that their outfits are in order.
- Make hair, nail, and spa appointments as necessary.
- Verify with rehearsal dinner hosts that invitations are mailed.