Weddings: 6-9 Months In Advance
Things to check off your list no less than half a year before the Big Day:
- Order bridesmaids’ dresses and accessories.
- Order your invitations, announcements, personal stationery, and other printed accessories and invitation enclosures. Obtain envelopes in advance.
- Schedule the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Notify attendees of the schedule.
- Schedule religious or personal counseling sessions, as desired or as required by your faith.
- Select the groom’s and ushers’ wedding attire; schedule rentals as necessary.
- Help your mothers choose and coordinate their outfits.
- Plan/reserve accommodations and activities for out-of-town guests and attendants as necessary.
- Discuss prenuptial agreements. Draw up with lawyers if needed.
- If you want an out-of-town officiant to perform your ceremony, consult the local clergy to ascertain related regulations and requirements.
- Choose your reception menu and the type of food-and-beverage service.