Weddings: 12-24 Months in Advance
Things to check off your list 1-2 years before the Big Day:
- Announce your engagement to friends and family, and in any newspapers if desired.
- Decide the date and time of your wedding.
- Choose the style of your wedding—formal or informal; traditional, theme, or destination; civil or religious.
- Determine a budget.
- Create a filing/organizational system for wedding paperwork.
- Decide on the size of the guest list and number of attendants.
- Meet with your officiant or clergy member.
- Meet with family members to discuss plans and the division of expenses.
- Decide whether to hire a wedding consultant.
- Choose your ceremony and reception locations.
- Investigate the legal requirements to acquire a marriage license.
- Select your attendants, both female and male.
- Interview and book wedding professionals, including the caterer, florist, photographer, and musicians.
- Research honeymoon options and destinations.